FATHERLY LOVE,NATIONAL DAY & DIWALI

Hi everyone! having a great week I hope?my week so far has been AMAZING,its been good news after good news and am really thankful to God. He does come through when your faithful.

SO... because am the undisputed queen of procrastination, I completely put off updating  about 3 reasons why I heart the month of October,actually its 4 reasons but I'll speak of only 3 (V_V)




My sweet innocent daddy was born on the 24Th of October in 19somsom( don't even know how old he is...lol) and If i weren't so broke and busy with school i would have been on morning flight to Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia to celebrate with him and the rest of my family:( I know almost every girl out there thinks the world of her dad but mine is just the best. iv been close to him for as long as I can remember and at 23, hes still one of the 1st people i ran to for help.He is still my pillar of strength. For a man who isn't so loud and all over the place,he has really taught me alot about how to deal with life,people and myself. I pray God adds more years to his life.AMEN ;D





On the same day,24th October, my beloved country gained independence from the British in 1964,which makes Zambia 47 years old this year! Sometimes I wish  we had  let the British rule on for a little while longer,because if you see the infrastructure in countries that got independence quite later on like South Africa,Namibia and Angola to name a few,the difference is staggering! maybe my country would be economically better also had that been the case.But non the less,we got our independence and that's something to be proud of! its not easy to be 47! we have a long way to go as a country but one thing that makes me a proud Zambian is no matter how hard things get,we are never inclined to fighting/war. there has never been a civil war in Zambia,no tribal wars NOTHING. 1 Zambia 1 nation! #SALUTE




Finally, I expect you guys to know by now that I live in India 0_0... Anyway,every year in India,between mid October and mid November the Indians celebrate a festival called diwali or deepavali which means "rows of lamps" in Hindi and Sanskrit. This festival basically is about celebrating the triumph of good over evil by the lighting of small clay lamps (Diyas) which are filled with oil. Also,neighbours and friends exchange gifts (usually sweets) and wear new clothes on this day.Light overcomes darkness is the moral of this festival.It used to be limited to the lighting of diyas and candles until they discovered fireworks and crackers etc 0_0 I haven't slept a wink in the past 48hrs because of all the  noise and I wont be able to till tomorrow night at most. As much as I hate the noisy part of this festival I love watching the fireworks and lights and eating chocolate without feeling guilty is another added bonus LOL



I'll be back tomorrow to with my "STYLISH AND VERSATILE BLOG AWARD" that I received from Naija Bank Girl http://naijabankgirl.blogspot.com/ ! Thank you dear! its nice to know that even while am a sporadic visitor(am not a blogger yet hehe) you guys still read my silliness. cheers to you all and happy diwali!!






Comments

HoneyDame said…
Contrats to your dad...we october shiren are the bomb...ask your dad~!
It is so cute that you have an awesome relationship with your dad
Che said…
Happy Belated birthday to your dad (my brother shares the same birthday with him). I'm also an October kid and yep, we are very special. :-). Love when I see such bond between father and children esp daughters.


naijabankgirl.blogpsot.com
Juliet said…
honeydame....ur an october baby too? ahh!! aww thank you,hes my friend!


che...thank you dearie! ohh and happy belated to your brother though its beyond late now!hehe

Popular Posts