10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT WEDDINGS

Weddings. Everyone loves them. So do I. Now I don't wanna sound like a hater or anything because God knows I do enjoy weddings. However, I have a few things that I could do without if I were to attend the perfect wedding. In no particular order, here we go!

1. MOUTHY MC's

everyone loves a funny, upbeat MC..,they keep the wedding reception alive and running smooth. It's all fun and games until "all the single ladies " starts blaring from the speakers and the MC starts with the "single girl" jokes. We are here to celebrate please. No extra pressure needed!



2. DESTINATION WEDDINGS

depending on what type of people you roll with, some couples decide on destination weddings which is sooo unfair if you ask me. That's sort of selfish to ask your friends and family to drop everything they have going on and cough up a certain amount of money just for a day!! If you are paying cool but...,

3. LONG CHURCH SERVICES

this doesn't apply to catholic weddings. If you happen to be attending a Pentecostal wedding ha! The marriage rites all of a sudden turn into a full blown preaching service that could go on for hours. The people are here to celebrate sir...

4. UNKNOWN GUESTS

this is the time when your mothers uncles uncle introduces himself. Weddings and funerals are famous for these types of people. And they are usually the loudest, most fiesty people in a crowd.I feel like if I'm inviting people to witness the happiest day of my life, they should be my immediate family and good friends/colleagues. No gate crashers! 

5. PRE MARRIAGE PHOTOS

Where do I start? These days these types of photos seem to be almost as important as the wedding
Gown! I have absolutely nothing against taking pictures...whatever floats your boat hey...but when I log onto Bella naija and see underwater photography all in the name of "engagement pics" then I know it's gone far enough.

6. SELECTIVE ATTENDANCE 

I think am not the only one who's witnessed a wedding that's got fewer people at church but jam packed at the reception! So disrespectful to the couple! 

7. LACK OF SNACKS 

I remember the good old days when mom would go off to a wedding and return later with a huge slice of cake or a take away pack of snacks. I always looked forward to that. I feel like a wedding should ALWAYS have snacks...even if you have a 5 course meal. Snacks are the real wedding food and when they aren't on the menu I feel cheated.

8.BOUQUET TOSSING 

Once again, unnecessary pressure on the women folk. I mean, woman have so much on their plates to contend with, let's not add marriage to the mix.It just doesn't make any sense to me. A woman isn't the one looking for a husband, the men should be the ones lining up to catch the damn flowers so they know what time it is. 

9. BRIDEZILLA SYNDROME 

OMG.This is probably the one I hate the most. If as a soon to be bride,you feel like you have so much on your schedule and can't handle it all, why not hire a planner or to save money, delegate duties to your close friends and family instead of becoming a psychotic b*ch?! There is no excuse in the world that would justify bitchiness. No it's not nerves either.

10. COST

I think the whole essence of a wedding is kinda lost these days because everyone is trying to outdo the others. It's more of a carnival now, who wore the most expensive dress, who had the best ambiance, who had the most romantic  honeymoon etc etc and it's sickening. I blame Instagram and Bella naija. Lol. A wedding is a declaration before God and man, not a show. The extravagance I see is alarming. If you have the finances to go all out...sure! Knock yourself out. If you don't however, I pray you can keep up the facade throughout your marriage.

Comments

Popular Posts